Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change iCal weekend from Sat/Sun to Fri/Sat?

I currently live in the Middle East and would like to change my iCal to reflect that the Middle East's weekend is Friday and Saturday and not the standard western weekend of Saturday and Sunday.

Is there a way to change iCal? I have searched but have been unable to locate an answer.

Many thanks

macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 2:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2013 12:46 AM

I had the opposite issue: I used to live in the Israel and had my weekend set on Friday/ Saturday and forgot to change it back... so Google stumbled upon your entry. After not finding anything, I played around with my settings and remembered how to fix it:

Go to System Preferences / Language & Region, set Region to the country you reside in, and also choose the first day of the week (which would be Sunday I guess, depending on where you are at). Close and re-open iCal, et voilà, there you have your weekend on Friday & Saturday...

Hope that fixed it, but it should.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2013 12:46 AM in response to burghead

I had the opposite issue: I used to live in the Israel and had my weekend set on Friday/ Saturday and forgot to change it back... so Google stumbled upon your entry. After not finding anything, I played around with my settings and remembered how to fix it:

Go to System Preferences / Language & Region, set Region to the country you reside in, and also choose the first day of the week (which would be Sunday I guess, depending on where you are at). Close and re-open iCal, et voilà, there you have your weekend on Friday & Saturday...

Hope that fixed it, but it should.

Change iCal weekend from Sat/Sun to Fri/Sat?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.