Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

copy to finder folder by dragging from Aperture

i just dragged about 30 pics (at once) from Aperture to a folder in my documents and about 1/2 (not exactly 1/2) copied with date created as the day the pic was taken and they were full size pics, and the other 1/2 were added 5 days latter and as thumbnails or very small versions (ie full size pic about 1.2mb and the thumbs as mentioned were about 200kb).

What the?!?

I did this again with a different set of pics and the same happened-->again not quite 1/2 (different ratio though) were thumbs and 2 days after the pic take date.

then I tried an export and some of the pics were 0mb but could see them in the preview...

😟

What could be the Rhyme or Reason!

Respect,

BillKaz

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Aperture 3.4.5

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 2:47 AM

5 replies

Oct 24, 2013 4:53 AM in response to Ernie Stamper

noise? without being where!!?

MORE INFO RELATING: I have my Photo Preview set to HALF Size in Preferences and the 1/2 of the set that I said were full size pics were the exact same size in MB as the Original as shown in Aperture.

I did this on 2 separate projects taken back in September...

....another thing i wanted to mention is that these Projects were auto created by selecting the option selected for Auto Photo Stream Import to projects.

Respect,

Bill

Oct 24, 2013 8:23 PM in response to mtnengineer

One tidbit about preview sizes. If you change the preference for preview size, it only affects new previews. So any new images imported or existing images edited get the new size. Or if you force a new preview to be generated. (option-right-click an image and choose Generate Preview) All the other previews remain the size that they were originally created as.

copy to finder folder by dragging from Aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.