Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have forgotten the admin password to my Macbook Pro (OS X Snow Leopard). I can log on to my system but cannot install any softwares. And I have misplaced my CD. Is there any way to recover the password without formatting the system?

I need to install softwares on my macbook pro (OS X Snow Leopard). However, without the system admin password, I cannot install them. I do not have my system CD with me. Is there any way to remove the password without the CD and without formatting and upgrading the system?

Very Urgent.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 2:20 AM

3 replies

I have forgotten the admin password to my Macbook Pro (OS X Snow Leopard). I can log on to my system but cannot install any softwares. And I have misplaced my CD. Is there any way to recover the password without formatting the system?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.