Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Custom ringtones don't work after updating to ios 7.0.3

I updated my iphone 5 to ios 7.0.3 this morning and now my custom ringtones don't seem to work. Some of my custom tones have been downloaded from itunes and some I have created myself, neither work now. I can see and hear the custom tones in the list but when my phone actually rings it plays one of the apple default tones. Has anybody else been experiencing these problems or know of a fix?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 2:41 AM

6 replies

Jan 8, 2014 4:50 AM in response to catmorris36

All ringtones I created in GarageBand needed to be replaced w/ newly edited ones, created after all updates were installed. Now they work fine. Probably just a formatting issue. A pain, I know, but at least I have the answer.

This is not the first time an OS update broke my tones.

If you downloaded ringtones from iTunes, try deleting them, then re-downloading.

Jun 1, 2014 12:51 PM in response to Sam Bould

After reading several posts and coming across nothing, I found out how to fix this problem. Go into settings,then general, and then to reset. Next click on reset all settings. This will reset your settings and you will have to go back and change them, but now I have my custom ringtone made in GarageBand working.

I hope this works for you,

Mac'Man

Custom ringtones don't work after updating to ios 7.0.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.