Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audiobooks Silent After ~25 minutes In iOS 7

Hi there; I have a number of audiobooks which i brought on iTunes some years ago. I'm trying to listen to the HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams) and Cabin Pressure (John Finnemore). Both of which after about 25 minutes of the ~3 hours of book simply become silent; everything looks like it's working the seconds keep ticking and you can go back and forth. Rewinding pre 25 minutes it plays, after 25 silence and it's in the middle of a sentence it's bizzarre. I've tried a "erase all content and settings" then restored from backup but still no joy. Is anybody else experiencing such a thing? Am happy to provide a video of what's happening if it will help to explain the issue. This problem occurred first with iOS 7 it was working just perfectly on iOS 6 (have tried the latest 7.0.3 still no better) and my old iPad is perfectly happy to play them with iOS 5.1 still.

Many thanks for help in advance.

Christopher

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 6:01 AM

2 replies

Oct 24, 2013 6:09 AM in response to dawesc

Do you have copies in iTunes on your computer as well? If so, do they play properly on the computer itself as well as the old iPad?

If you do not have them in iTunes on the computer, just plug in the old iPad and transfer purchases (right click on the iPad in the left panel in iTunes) to put them in your iTunes library.

If all that is true, then it seems the actual audiobook files on your iPhone are corrupted/broken. Have you tried plugging the iPhone into the computer, uncheck those audiobooks and then sync. Then recheck them and sync again to try and overwrite the iPhone files with the computer's copy.

Audiobooks Silent After ~25 minutes In iOS 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.