Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slideshow Music doesn't play in iPhoto 9.5 and Mavericks 10.9

After ugrading to Mavericks 10.9 and then to iPhoto 9.5, music from playlists in my iTunes 11.1.2 Library doesn't play in iPhoto slideshows. Music shows up in the iPhoto Slideshow Music menu OK, but won't play there or in slideshows themselves. Both worked fine in OSX 10.8.5 and iPhoto 9.4.3.

Oddly enough, the built-in Sample Music and Theme Music from the iPhoto Slideshow menu DO work!

Anyone else having this problem? Any fixes. Am holding off upgrading my other computers, since I do a lot with slideshows, and this is a big problem for me.

MacBook Pro (17-inch Late 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 5:48 AM

46 replies

Oct 24, 2013 8:14 AM in response to Nixan

After yesterday's OSX update to 10.9 and the subsequent iPhoto 9.5 update to 9.5 I also have the same problem:

• Music for old existing slide shows from iTunes can't be played back.
  • When changing the setting for the slide show length to be set by the playback time of the music, iPhoto crashes.
  • When trying to add iTunes music to a slide show the preview function does not work.
  • iTunes songs can be added to a slide show. When playing it back the songs will however not play.

To rule out an issue with my iPhoto picture library I did the following - sadly still yielding the same erroneous behavior:

• Created new iPhoto library.
  • Imported 10 picutes.
  • Created a new slide show with said pictures.
  • Tried to add iTunes music: preview does not work and added song don't play when slide show is played back.

Slideshow Music doesn't play in iPhoto 9.5 and Mavericks 10.9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.