Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Component not Installed? Error -45075?

I am not tech savvy and have been deployed for a while so I haven't been able to access my iTunes, but when I did I needed to download the latest version of iTunes to connect my iPhone.

I downloaded the latest version of iTunes (v. 11.1.2) for my Windows 7 PC.

Once the download was complete I reopened iTunes and before it went through it's entire launch an error message popped up stating that: "A required iTunes component was not installed. Please repair or reinstall iTunes. (-45075)".

I reinstalled/repaired iTunes from the apple website and the same message has popped up. I have repeated this process 4 times now.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Much appreciated! Thank you!

I have included a picture of the message.

User uploaded file

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7, v. 11.1.2 of iTunes Problem

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 7:02 AM

35 replies

Apr 13, 2017 2:16 PM in response to Manan92

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. When reinstalling right click on the downloaded setup file and use run as administrator. It may also help to pre-install the Microsoft Universal C Runtime.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment. 12.6.0.100 in particular may not work correctly for everyone, in which case rolling back to 12.5.5.5 is a realistic approach.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Jun 3, 2017 12:13 PM in response to Looking4Solutions2Problems

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. When reinstalling right click on the downloaded setup file and use run as administrator. It may also help to pre-install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Apr 13, 2017 1:27 PM in response to JarGrapeRah

i have the same error that pops up. I have manually uninstalled all apple products and services from the control panel and also installed the latest version 12.6 of iTunes, still I get the same error every single time that i try to install iTunes back on my windows 10 64bit PC.

I am not able to install iCloud on windows too as it says contact your vendor since some components are missing.

Anyone here can help me?

Jun 3, 2017 11:53 AM in response to BenderRules

Hello, BenderRules

So, I have had some problems downloading iTunes to fix my phone "Iphone dispabled, connect to iTunes"

So i have finally got it working but when i open iTunes it says component missing "45075" i tried your solution but in my programs the only apple program was itunes.... do i have to download all those other programs or just delete itunes i need help ASAP....

Oct 3, 2017 3:34 AM in response to JarGrapeRah

Hi, I had the same problem and I found the working solution. Here's the youtube tutorial How to fix Itunes Error 45075 - YouTube

You basically need to open the iTunes install file with WinRAR, it will show a list of installers. Doubleclick and install AppleApplicationSupport.msi for 32 bit or AppleApplicationSupport64.msi if you are running 64 bit of course.

Now your iTunes starts again.

BR/Jazz

Nov 2, 2013 11:59 PM in response to JarGrapeRah

Hi JarGrapeRah,

I've been having this same issue for over a week. In previous versions of Itunes 64bit builds, two files required repairing, but for this build the mobiledevices and AppleApplicationSupport appear to build nicely and install.

It would be great if the error message informed the user which "component" failed to install, instead of stating the obvious. One other annoying fact is I've tried to re-install every day, and repair after every re-install. I've also tried to re-install a couple of previous versions of 64bit builds, but the files for my system have been 64 bit, and certain libraries where built with the previous version to this release, so no backwards compatibility.

I have 4 Iphones, 3 Ipods and 1 Ipad waiting to be synched and updated. Only thing you could do if you have a wireless network, is change your settings and update/synch wirelessly until this issues is resolved.

I am not sure if the issue is Apples or Windows. Either way, its a shame, as Itunes desktop for windows is a great utility and should be supported bu both Apple and Windows.

An older error code or 45019 produces the same error message on the earlier 64 bit builds of Itunes.

Not sure this helped. BTW I have a windows 8 box, 64bit, so no windows 7. I suspect my kids 64bit Windows 7 box which has the previous 64bit build, was working but will check.

Message was edited by: BenderRules

Nov 6, 2013 12:23 AM in response to BenderRules

Ok I have a solution, which worked for me on my 64bit Windows 8 machine. The process is manual. It appears when you re-install Itunes, that not all components are removed, and this is the key.

Manually uninstalled the following components from settings -> control panel -> programs -> programs and features.

I used the following order:

1. Apple Application Support

2. Apple Mobile Device Support

3. Bonjour

4. ICloud

5. ITunes

6. QuickTime.

I am not sure if the uninstall of all of the above resolved the issue by brute force, or if it would have been better to remove each component and then check ITunes status, to determine which component was the cause., as I But for 64Bit Windows 8 box, follow the above and with any luck you can install ITunes64bit build only again and remove the silly error.

I can confirm ITunes does not crash and the warning is gone, I can backup and update devices freely.

iTunes Component not Installed? Error -45075?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.