Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows NTFS network drive no longer able to edit files in Osx 10.9

In the OSX 10.8x and before, the network drive hosted by Windows 2008 server in our .local domain was able to be modified by my imac under a local user account with the same user name without any problem. The only issue was not able to join the AD due to the existing .local domain setup. Upon upgrading to OSX 10.9 today, the network drive still connect properly, and the files on the share drive is still able to be opened, read, copied and deleted as before. However, any attempt to save the changes to the opened file display an error message saying that it is been locked and I have no privilege to modify the file. The funny thing is now that the mac computer is able to join the windows AD without problem, although under the network account, the same problem exited. Something has to do with the SMB right/ share has been changed in this release. Anyhelp on how I may resolve this problem?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 7:09 AM

4 replies

Oct 26, 2013 6:57 AM in response to Coolmaster01

I'm hoping you or someone can solve this. We're using Tuxera to add SMB NTFS write capabilities to Mavericks and it works great for everything ... except for iWork 2013. iWork 09 still reads and writes perfectly, as does every other app I have on my Mac.

At this point, I fear using iWork 2013 in a mixed Windows/OSX environment is dead if your server is NTFS. It's another quiver in Microsoft's argument that iWork is for children only. Despite all the griping about deprecated functions in the new iWork, there's no show stoppers as far as I'm concerned, and I use Pages, Keynote and Numbers in serious ways daily.

Windows NTFS network drive no longer able to edit files in Osx 10.9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.