Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11.1.2 not always counting tracks as played when stopped within the last 10 seconds

It used to be that if you stop playing a track in iTunes within its last 10 seconds (or start playing another track, etc.), that track would still register as played, with the "Last Played" field updating and the "Plays" field being boosted.

However, since I've upgraded to iTunes 11.1.2, this seems to only work intermittently. Sometimes, when I switch to another track, the first track is not registered as played, which is what I would expect. But sometimes it does work. There's no real pattern.

Can anyone reproduce this behaviour? Play a track and stop it manually (Cmd + Period, or change track by double-clicking on another track) when there's less than 10 seconds left of the track. Does it increment this track's "Plays" counter?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 7:46 AM

There are no replies.

iTunes 11.1.2 not always counting tracks as played when stopped within the last 10 seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.