Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HUGE Issues with some apps after iOS7.03 update

So I had no problems with my iPhone UNTIL I did the iOS7.03 update. Now several of my apps will not open correctly. They start to open up, but then they shrink on the screen or become extremely distorted. I tried deleting one of the apps affected and reinstalling it, no luck. Tried to restore my settings, no luck (other than now I have to go through and reset all my preferences AGAIN!). And it's only certain apps. I see in all of the release notes that it was suppose to fix problems people were having with apps but what if I wasn't HAVING those problems?!?!

Any thoughts or other ideas? Screen shots provided...

User uploaded file User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 8:09 AM

8 replies

Oct 24, 2013 8:11 AM in response to vbcoach72

Try a reset: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps BEFORE doing the reset.

But it may be a case of the vendors having not yet updated the apps for iOS 7.

Oct 24, 2013 9:17 AM in response to vbcoach72

I would follow JamesWard4's suggestion about restoring the phone. It is more work than resetting all settings ....and yes I have reset all settings and restored my phone and my iPad. If that doesn't work for you, then make the appointment at the Apple Store and you will at least have done as much troubleshooting on your own that you could possibly do and you can share that information with the techs at the Genius Bar.

Oct 24, 2013 9:28 AM in response to Demo

And after all is said and done, you may very well need to restore the device as new and start from the beginning again, especially if the glitch is contained in your previous backup. Restoring from that backup (if it contains the glitch) will also restore the glitch. This is the reason for possibly restoring as new.

Make note of all your Settings (write them all down, preferably using a PC/notepad type program), backup all your music & apps and any other important information you will lose by restoring as new. As far as text messages go, you may not be able to back those up manually (I believe you can but you'd need to purchase additional software for the PC/Mac) and will likely lose them.

Mar 6, 2014 8:07 PM in response to vbcoach72

I updated yesterday my iPhone 4S to iOS 7.0.6 from iOS 7.0.4 and i am having this issue. I am not able to use Facebook, Facebook page manager and couple of other apps which were perfectly running on previous iOS7.0.4. I tried reset but it didn't help. I also encountered this issue when i updated to iOS 7.0 and multiple apps were not running due to this shrink screen issue. But when i updated to iOS 7.0.4 the issue was resolved and all apps were fine but now again problem in iOS 7.0.6. Any one have a solid solution apart from going to Apple Store coz i don't have this in Pakistan nearby...... Hoping for solution .....

HUGE Issues with some apps after iOS7.03 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.