Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a certified lightning dock extender?

I'm using a jbl onbeat lt with my ipad 4th gen, and my iphone 5, and as many others have noted, even though it's an apple certified product, I can't use my case on either device with the dock. I did just purchase an aftermarket extender, and it does work, but because it's narrow/tall, my ipad leans pretty precariously as well as looks unbalanced. Basically I want the lightning equivalent of the apple 30pin to 8pin adapter, and the only one I've found doesn't support audio. Any suggestions or solutions would be appreciated

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 8:08 AM

8 replies

Apr 3, 2014 4:04 PM in response to DarkEcclipse

I've got the same issue as you, although i'm a couple months behind...I did some extensive research and lifeproof was selling what seemed to be the missing accessory (dock adapter) separately until they ran out and discontinued it...:( regardless if the only issue with the A-CIGNA is the uncertified device warning than it woukld be perfect, but i fear it is just a **** as the third party ones i'm sure you read all the reviews on amazon about to.

so if you have any updates onconnecting your lifeprrof covered 5s into the lightning connected ihome please let me know what your solution is.

otherwise , i found a way over priced original lifeproof adaptor from before they for some reason discontinued it recently. http://store.imore.com/lifeproof-lightning-dock-adapter/5A180A14882.htm#useropin ions

not sure of the site legitimacy but if you're desparate, that may be a course of action, i will keep looking for cheaper alternative so i can dock my precious 5s without taking it out of it lifeproof case..

Sep 11, 2015 3:32 PM in response to SeryVolk

SeryVolk:

Thanks for posting this. I went to the site using the link you provided and while I saw the adapter, I did NOT see anywhere on the page a statement that it's Apple certified.

A rep from Cable Jive which sells an $18.95 dock extender called DockStubz for lightning, just emailed me that Apple has NOT authorized any dock extenders...

Can you clarify for us that this one is posted as being certified?

And have you tried it/used it and it works w/o the 'unauthorized device" message appearing?

thanks

Feb 13, 2016 12:30 PM in response to DarkEcclipse

Sorry this is nearly 3 years late...but if you are coming from the old 30pin dock on an accessory like the JBL speaker or older Bose Sound docks this will alleviate your no audio woes....

http://www.amazon.ca/Adapter-Iphone-Speaker-Converter-extender/dp/B0197T2YJ4/ref =sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1455395138&sr=1-2&keywords=bose+dock+extender

its a 30pin female to lightning male and 3.5mm headphone to push audio from the phone to the speakers

Is there a certified lightning dock extender?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.