Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When browsing ringtones in my settings, why does the sound come out of the speakers also when I am wearing headphones?

Very embarrassing. I had no idea, but I was blaring all my ringtones on the Metro train ride home... Music from Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is particularly loud. It plays in the headphones as well, so I couldn't hear that it was playing through the speakers too, until I felt them vibrate and I was mortified. It's also illegal to play music without headphones on the Metro, so I was breaking the law, too. Well, technically I was using headphones.

I am on iOS 7.0.1, and didn't realize there were updates, but it does not appear that 7.0.2 or 7.0.3 havve addressed this specific issue.

Does this happen to anyone else?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 8:28 AM

There are no replies.

When browsing ringtones in my settings, why does the sound come out of the speakers also when I am wearing headphones?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.