Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error enabling server management (Mavericks Server)

Error enabling server management.

A problem was detected with Server. Please redownload Server from the App Store.

I have tried removing, resintaling, restarting and I still get this error message with Mavericks server.

I previously had Mountain Lion with Server. I upgraded to Mavericks and then install and ran the new Server.app.

This thread:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4422311?start=0&tstart=0

Seems somewhat similar, but the solutions do not seem to work.

Apple please advise.

ND

OS X Mavericks (Server)-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 8:41 AM

16 replies

Oct 24, 2013 4:42 PM in response to ndaversa

ND,

Thanks for letting us know about this problem. You mention that you've tried removing and then re-installing Server.app; one additional thing you could try doing is removing the file "/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.apple.serverd", in addition to removing Server.app, and then try re-installing.

However, before you do that, I'd appreciate it if you could check your system.log for some additional information. Around the same time that you get the error message from Server.app, there may be a couple of log messages in your "/var/log/system.log" file from "launchdadd" that look something like:

launchdadd[13101]: FAILURE: Code <SecCode 0x7fef515025b0 [0x7fff7462beb0]> failed requirement ...

launchdadd[13101]: FAILURE: Code <SecStaticCode 0x7fef5140fd70 [0x7fff7462beb0]> failed requirement ...

If you can paste those messages into this thread, or file a radar with that information, it would be very helpful!

Thanks,

David

Oct 24, 2013 5:15 PM in response to David Kramer

Thanks David,

Here are the additional logs you requested:

Oct 24 11:28:11 server.local launchdadd[1108]: FAILURE: Code <SecCode 0x7f82b26006e0 [0x7fff7847eeb0]> failed requirement (identifier "com.apple.Server.v2" and anchor apple generic and (certificate leaf[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.1.9] /* exists */ or certificate leaf[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.1.9.1] /* exists */)) with error "The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -67050.)"

Oct 24 11:28:11 server.local launchdadd[1108]: FAILURE: Job com.apple.serverd could not be installed from /Applications/Server.app/Contents/Library/LaunchServices/com.apple.serverd, reason 3.

I will try the other steps you mentioned now and report back.

Thanks

Nino

Dec 6, 2013 11:04 AM in response to jluty

You, sir, are my hero. Just to emphasize the absurdity of this: I had to put a password on my user account before the server would work. Before that, if failed with a fatal error saying I had to reinstall the entire application.

This is the STUPIDEST fatal problem I've ever seen from Apple. I had a completely clean Mac Mini with almost nothing on it but Mavericks and it kept failing with this error. I reinstalled. Fail. I pulled my hair out all morning and all I had to do was set a god damned password to make the software run. I guess I know now why it has 1 star on the mac store. It's certainly about to get one from me.

Jan 27, 2014 2:43 AM in response to ndaversa

I have read this post with interest as I have this problem.

However, on checking for the /VAR/ folder it is not present in any area at all. All I can see is an empty VAR folder with alias on it and nothing in it when I try to open it.

I have revealed all hidden files and folders before searching and I am at a loss as to what to do next.

Any help will be appreciated

Feb 10, 2014 3:26 AM in response to David Kramer

Hi David

i just download OS X sever APP for my IMAC, but the same question for Erroe enabling server management. i have tired many time for remove and re-install Sever APP. But it is still fail for install. And then I have saw this discuss, but it can't solve my issue. i checked My Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/. There is no this "com.apple.serverd" file. But this file i can find it in /Applications/Server.app/Contents/Library/LaunchServices. Could you please give me a hand?

By the way, my system is 10.9.1. Thanks.

Feb 10, 2014 7:54 AM in response to Anron

My problem was I was connected to Active Directory and a Domain Admin and have admin privleges on my system and it wouldn't let me install. I had to use local root or admin account and then it installed fine.

Try installing with root credentials.......can enable root in /System/Library/CoreServices/Directory Utility and under one of the menus select Enable Root and put in a password and tryin installing with it.

Error enabling server management (Mavericks Server)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.