Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to assign keywords to clips in the new iMovie?

You can search for keywords that were assigned to clips in the old iMovie 11, but I can't find how to assign keywords to clips in this new version. Other than this, I'm finding all the old features and am loving the new layout and speed of imports with this new version!

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 8:51 AM

7 replies

Oct 30, 2013 4:42 PM in response to Stroodle88

as I mentioned before you can only see that when you do the regular update to Mavericks, I did a clean install so imovie wasnt on the system when I downloaded the newest version. Problem is solved now I draged the old imovie from my timemachine over to Mavericks and it works fine again. Just dont understand at all how you can make a great tool worse then it was. thanks

Nov 1, 2013 8:20 AM in response to dougbohr

This is a huge mistake in their release of iMovie. I was using keywords to categorize all of my son's soccer team videos by player. This REALLY distroy's all of my past content categorization. I hope Apple makes an update soon to FIX this as it should be considered a defect in my opinion (whether it was intentional or not).

What is funny is that I can do a search on the old video content by my old keywords and it still finds the video clips. It just won't let me add new keywords to new video going forward.

Is there any way to assign keywords to clips in the new iMovie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.