Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LaunchPad Does Not Showing icons Of Few Apps

Hi Guys I Got A Realy Bug Problem, Launchpad does not showing icons on some apps, but names - it does.

its realy annoying, here is picture of the problem(maybe in file not so sure):

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 9:29 AM

16 replies

Oct 24, 2013 9:37 AM in response to djrazsofer

I have the exact same problem -- mostly apple apps icons are not showing up in launch pad -- but they do show up in Application folder and on dock( like maps etc). Also, even though the icons are not showing up, clicking on it starts the application, I can even drag one icon on top of another to create folder, but it does not show up even there.

I cleaned up all the cache with CleanMyMac app, restarted several times but no luck.

anyone ?

Oct 24, 2013 11:35 AM in response to djrazsofer

So here is very simple solution to the problem... i just did on my MBP and it worked

Open application folder -- if you have launchpad icon on your dock - good if not then drag the icon ( rocket icon) from application folder to Dock.

Now, whatever icon is missing, drag that icon from Application folder to the launchpad icon on the dock. Then check if the icon is visible now by clicking on launchpad button or F4 key.

For me it worked flawlessly.

let me know

Dec 19, 2013 11:21 PM in response to djrazsofer

this same problem happened to me several times and had to re-install maverick...........but later realized that it was "CLEANMYMAC 2" which was causing the disappearance of the icon...........so what i do is uninstall the app immediately after installing and cleaning my macbook pro.............and i now have no problem with any disappearance.............so just uninstall "cleanmymac" and after serveral usage the icons will reappear!!!!

LaunchPad Does Not Showing icons Of Few Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.