Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mavericks: My First Impressions

I downloaded Mavericks last night and thought I would offer my first impression. Firstly it installed without a hitch on my old MacbookPro late 2007 (See my spec's below). What I wanted from Mavericks most was increased performance and I can state that, for me at least I am seeing a noticeable improvement in speed and performance including in Safari. Mu Macbook has become sluggish with ML and I have been dedicating a lot of time trying to figure out ways to get my performance back up there with my already Maxed out RAM, etc. Mavericks seems to have brought a lot of life back to my baby!

Mavericks boasts a lot of new or improved features but I haven't really had time to test them out. I just wanted any doubters out there know that it worked very well for me so far.

As always, you should back up your computer before doing the upgrade. I didn't (foolish) but it is a smart thing to do! LOL

I would note an annoyance for me. As Apple and Microsoft try to force everything for tablet use they have also caused some issues for us people who still use the Macbook's touch pad instead of a mouse. Mavericks as well as Safari and Thunderbird no longer have a scroll bar you can easily use to navigate up and down a page. There IS a scroll bar but it disappears quickly into the backround and I find it easier to just use my up/down keys. Probably there is a setting to help this issue but I am not sure. If someone finds a solution I would appreciate knowing about it 🙂

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 750GB HD, 2.2 GHz, 6 GB RAM

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 8:59 AM

5 replies

Mavericks: My First Impressions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.