Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't see song progress bar on iTunes anymore... after update... HELP!

I can't see the song progress bar on iTunes anymore unless I'm in fullscreen mode, I have looked everywhere for a fix... not in any view options. HELP!

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 9:11 AM

10 replies

Oct 29, 2013 4:17 PM in response to heyimcasey

I also have this problem. Here are some additional things I have noticed:

The progress bar works as intended on my second monitor ONLY. When I move it to my main (iMac) monitor it just shows Apple logo.

When using Expose Mission Control the progress bar appears in the recessed window on main monitor.

When I move the white bar over to second monitor (System Preferences--->Displays - Arrangement Tab) the problem switches to that monitor. In other words, the problem is with whatever monitor is designated as main.

Mirroring displays causes both monitors to not display the progress bar.

Going Fullscreen, and then back, does not bring back the progress bar at all. Does work in fullscreen mode.

I cannot restart right now as I am in the middle of something. Hopefully, that brings it back.

Message was edited by: Foxe. Added fullscreen bit; grammar

Apr 7, 2015 11:15 PM in response to schmidtenor

This has been really annoying me for a year or two.

I just got the top-center song progress bar to reappear by going...

1. Window > Miniplayer (it appeared as a very thin progress bar).

2. I closed that, and re-opened it a few times by clicking on the various minimise / maximise buttons on the miniplayer and in the top-right corner of the full iTunes interface. (I was just mucking around, so can't tell you for sure).

3. You can click on the little tiny thumbnail of the album artwork on the mini-player, which sort of enlargens / en-smallens the miniplayer itself, into a large and streamlined version. I pressed that to make it the large version, then closed it by pressing on the X button on the top left.

4. Somewhere there, my large iTunes windows disappeared altogether, so I went to the menu Window > Miniplayer. The miniplayer came back.

5. Now I pressed the square icon ("maximise", I suppose it means), and bam! the full iTunes interface was back, and now it DID have the song progress bar at the top.

Sorted.

But I must say... SOOOOOOO lame to have this issue for more than a year.

The song progress should just ALWAYS be shown at the top centre, if a song is playing. Absolutely no reason to ever hide it, even if the miniplayer is open, or whatever.

Can't see song progress bar on iTunes anymore... after update... HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.