Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview app retina resolution problems after Mavericks upgrade

Hi everyone!

after upgrading from Mountain Lion to Mavericks, the Preview app (Version 7.0) stops working in Retina resolution.

For instance, a 2500pix graphics now does not fit in the monitor (2880x1800 pix native resolution) when displayed at actual size, i.e. 1 image pixel per 1 screen pixel. It is rendered at twice as low resolution.

As with the previous os x mountain lion, in Mavericks too I am using "Best (Retina)" screen resolution mode in the Display Preferences.

Any idea how to resolve this?

actually, I belive this is some sort of bug of the Preview app.

Is there anyone else having the same issue? If yes, please reply to this

i have a macbook pro retina 15"

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9), Preview app bug retina resolution

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 10:04 AM

10 replies

Oct 28, 2013 11:31 AM in response to gusmcewan

I agree, I really believe that Apple has become to arogant and with what the "Steve-less" nerds think we want instead of what we need. To many bugs, to many "upgrades" that fail to inhance the ease of use and instead make it harder for the normal folks to learn and use Apple OS.

It is becoming to much just like windows mob and all the inherent stupidity that involves. Sorry for the rant, but I am NOT liking the systems engineers at Apple and their releasing something that is NOT ready for general use without requiring "bug" fixes.

Oct 28, 2013 11:35 AM in response to gusmcewan

Hi everyone,

i have a solution!

well at least that worked for me.

It is nothing like a bug or software problem. It is just that after mavericks install for some reason i found a change in my Preview app preferences. So i set it correctly and now everything is back and working correctly.

Go to the Preview Preferences, then choose the "Images" section/tab, then choose "Size on screen equals size on printout" option, and thats it!

Try this out and I hope this works for you too!

Preview app retina resolution problems after Mavericks upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.