Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages 5.0 dropping text - "Spotlight search info"

I have upgraded to Mavericks and then Pages 5.0

I have a document I had previously created with a couple of text boxes. It opens properly in Pages 4.3, but when I now open it in Pages 5.0, about 2/3 of the text in one of the text boxes just disappears and an overiding dialog box pops up saying:

"Some changes were made to your document.

OS X Spotlight search information was removed."

Looking at the document in Pages 4.3 I can see nothing at that point in that one text box that makes it unique and don't understand what is going on and why Pages 5.0 is having a problem with it.

I have also tried copying the text that will be missing from the document opened in Pages 4.3 and pasting it back in at the point it should go in Pages 5.0 but it just ignores my attempts to paste it back in.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 8:18 PM

Yeah, same issue.

Pages 5.0 also screws up the formatting of previous Pages documents for some reason, especially tables of contents. No wonder Apple left us with the previous version of Pages after the "upgrade".

1 reply

Pages 5.0 dropping text - "Spotlight search info"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.