Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

will iWork and iLife 08 work with Mavericks?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 10:57 AM

10 replies

Oct 25, 2013 6:55 AM in response to L2Farm

I do not have a device that uses IOS.

I am concerned that if I upgrade my MacBook Pro (running 10.6.8) to Mavericks, then my iWork & iLife 08 will no longer work on my MacBook.

The previous time I upgraded my OS, I had to purchase a new version of iPhoto which I do not like as well as the old.

I like my current versions of iWork & iLife and do not want to upgrade those opps.

Oct 26, 2013 8:22 AM in response to loganfromaz

Ok, I see what you mean. iLife and iWork '08 should still work with Mavericks. I did it a few days ago, and they worked fine. My mistake was when, after installing Mavericks, I installed the new versions of iLife and iWork. That's when things started going downhill for me. I'm going to try to uninstall them and go back to '08.

Nov 2, 2013 1:49 PM in response to tenorikuma

Same problem for me : just upgraded in Mavericks and iWork '08 gives me problems :

Page takes a long time to launch , the save the document is freezing, I've to force quit me too.

Other problem, with the new version of pages, trying to open the document created in iWork '08 shows me a message the the document is too old and must be first converted in Pages '09 ....

Nov 4, 2013 3:39 PM in response to loganfromaz

I did a clean install of Mavericks on a new SSD. Then installed iWork '08 from the original disks. The programs open fine. But the text is white or clear. I can only see when I highlight the text and then the text is dark purple and the highlighting is always light purple. I'm stumped. The programs open fine. Either I can't see the text, or everything in the editing field is purple. Not able to use it this way. Running a MacBook Pro, 13", early 2011.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.