Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I access iPhoto'11 media without opening iPhoto ?

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 11:57 AM

8 replies

Oct 24, 2013 12:46 PM in response to Yer_Man

Sorry I think I am missileding you by not telling the motive behind my question !

Here is what I am trying to solved.

I purchased a LaCie 256 SSD about a year ago, the drive became non responsive through the usb3 port , (no Thunder bolt port on my mac), so took it to a locale lacie reseller to get the data of it before I ship to lacie for repair or replace. They replaced, defective usb3 controller they said same thing happened with new, went to same local shop to get data off to a new purchased 1t Lacie HD.

When i got home plug new drive in open iPhoto 11 low and behold my library was twice the seize as before but every photo, Album, Event seem to be there as before.

Local shop cannot explain why !!!!!

Used several apps to try to find duplicates found a few megs but not the 72 gigs that my library grew by !!!!!

Any suggestions .

Regards

Denis

Oct 28, 2013 5:33 AM in response to Community User

I did the process you mention again and after running option 3 the second time it found over 7000 items that were not in my iPhoto library and asked if I wanted to import them which I did. Can you tell were those items came from because I could not see them before and my iPhoto trash was empty and my computer trash was empty also. All my media is on an external drive.

thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.