Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

McAfee Toolbar

I woke up this morning to find the McAfee siteadvisor toolbar installed on my Mac. I have no idea how it got there. I didn't install it and no one else uses my computer. Does anyone know how to remove it (and all of it's files)? It seems to have made my computer run much slower.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 12:07 PM

9 replies

Oct 24, 2013 10:02 PM in response to Linc Davis

Well, I'll be. I spent the entire day trying to find a way to uninstall that thing and there it was in Extensions the whole time. I didn't even know there was a '"SiteAdvisor" Extension. Thank you! But what I'd like to know is how it got on my computer in the first place. I definitely didn't install it; I've always heard that Mcafee wasn't good for Macs. Anyhoo, the toolbar is gone but the files are still on my computer. Any idea how to get rid of those?

Oct 25, 2013 12:07 PM in response to anyac

Uninstall the McAfee product by following the instructions on whichever of the pages linked below is applicable:

Note that if you have already tried to uninstall the software, you may have to reinstall it in order to finish the job. If you have a different version of the product, the procedure may be different.

Back up all data before making any changes.

McAfee Toolbar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.