Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is "Paste Values" in Maverick's Numbers

This is not good. With the new Maverick upgrade my long standing Numbers spreadsheets use has taken a turn for the worse.

My newest concern -- I can no longer "Paste Values" from the edit menu. This is a major issue.

Other concerns:

My old large spreadsheets automaticlally zoom to 125% with no way to set the default zoom to where it should be (100%).

The Inspector shows up covering a large part of my spreadsheet with no way to set hide in the defaults.

Help. I really hate the idea of going back to Excel.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 1:23 PM

The paste values functionality is there, under a shiny new name. It appears after you "copy" a cell (or cells) containing a formula.

User uploaded file

SG

5 replies

Oct 24, 2013 1:36 PM in response to Bob H.

Thank you SGIII and Jerrold for your quick responses. SGIII -- you got the "Solved" because of being first, but Jerrold you got a "Helped" kudo anyway. I owe myself one also. I just discovered that "Paste and Match Style" works. I don't think that would have worked in the past, but I am not sure. I know just a "Paste" would have messed things up good.

Oct 24, 2013 6:47 PM in response to Jerrold Green1

Jerry -- Thanks again. What I have been doing is a csv download into a Numbers spreadsheet followed by copying one column of numbers and doing a "Paste Values" into another spreadsheet. Using "Paste" somehow messed up the receiving spreadsheet (not just a format problem). Therefore I had assumed that "Paste and Match Style" was going to do the same.

Where is "Paste Values" in Maverick's Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.