Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i import .pst instrument plug-ins to logic express 8?

I have some instrument plug-ins that i used to use on my old computer with logic express 8. I got a new computer and moved my old plug-ins once i installed logic on it, but I can't seem to get them to work now. I've tried using the different instruments available in logic to load the plug-ins, but it never works. Maybe i'm doing something wrong or need to download a new instrument that can run the .pst plug-ins? any help would be greatly grealty appreciated

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 1:07 PM

6 replies

Oct 26, 2013 3:48 PM in response to xchurch173

I'd love to try to help, but I'm a little confused by your terminology and what exactly you're trying to do.

1) What "instrument plug-ins" did you have on your old computer and moved to your new computer?

2) .pst files are presets, not plug-ins.

Could you perhaps describe a step-by-step of what you are doing, e.g. I created a software instrument track, clicked on the I/O button in the channel strip, inserted an EXS24 sampler, and selected a preset within the EXS24 window.

Oct 29, 2013 5:01 PM in response to Guitartist

I had the .pst files in my plug-in's folder inside logic, which are from an instrument pack that I installed a while ago. I thought that i could load these into one of the instruments tools in logic like you would with a sample. I could be completely wrong and have the wrong files for doing that.

Would i be able to load the .pst presets into logic somehow as an instrument or am I missing other crucial files like an actual sample or sound file?

I've only just started messing around with the instruments (past changing what instruments are already available with logic), so i do apologize for any novice mistakes i'm making haha I just want to see if there is a way I can use the .pst files to load those instruments back into logic and use them again

Oct 29, 2013 8:34 PM in response to xchurch173

Okay, it sounds like you are able to load the EXS24 and open the plug-in window by double-clicking the I/O button.

Once the EXS24 plug-in window is open, do NOT click on the edit button. If you click on the long black area to the left of the edit button you should get a drop-down menu displaying all of your presets. Select your desired preset and it will load up for you.

User uploaded file

Are you able to see these presets?

how can i import .pst instrument plug-ins to logic express 8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.