Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to keep the Zoom level in Safari 7?

There is only one big win that's making me stick to Chrome over Safari: The zoom.

In Chrome when you zoom in a page (With Cmd +) the zoom level is stored in the cookies, or the history, or somwhere, and it stays the same level when you open again that page in another tab or if you close and open again Chrome. This simple feature makes it tremendously comfortable to navigate in big and wide screens.

This feature by itself is going to keep me using Chrome instead of Safari with all the new fancy and cool stuff they added in the new Safari 7. And yes, there is a "Trick" by using a .css style sheet customed to make a default zoom in all pages, but it's not good enough because some pages need different level of zoom.

So please, someone, make Apple correct this issue. It should't be complicated, it's as simple as that Safari remembers the latest zoom level you left in a web.

Because I believe that if people are leaving Safari behind is because it lacks this simple tools that make life much easier. And I believe it's in Apples philosphy to make technology to help people, isn't it?

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 1:58 PM

You can send feedback direclty to Apple > Apple - Mac OS X - Feedback

I agree.

20 replies

Oct 24, 2013 2:11 PM in response to JohansonMaikel

+1

This new zoom behavior is incredibly annoying!!! My eyes aren't what they used to be and I usually have to up the zoom a couple of notches for most sites. Worked just fine in Safari 6 at least until you restarted Safari and now version 7 keeps resetting to the default zoom level every time I simply change to a different website! Not happy and may have to switch to Chrome if it actually keeps the zoom levels.

Hopefully they fix this one soon or at least give us an option to toggle the behaviour. Cheers!

Oct 25, 2013 5:12 AM in response to JohansonMaikel

It never worked the way Chrome works in Safari 6 either, but at least Safari 6 remembered the zoom level you'd set in a particular tab. With Safari 7 Apple has made the situation even worse. Now after setting the zoom level you want, it's forgotten when you click on a bookmark, and the page reverts to actual size. It really is infuriating having to zoom in all the time, and the CSS trick and the various zoom extensions don't work properly. Safari is all but unusable for me because of this issue. I've complained to Apple many times about it in the past, but now I've given up believing it'll ever change. It seems that Chrome will forever conquer Safari thanks to an easy-to-fix issue Apple refuses to fix.

Oct 25, 2013 8:56 AM in response to JohansonMaikel

this is perhaps THE only reason why I'm sticking with Chrome. I mean, I've found some safari extensions which promise to automatically increase the zoom level but you can actually "see" them zooming on every single page you open, and often what ends up happening is you adjust the zoom on one page and it also adjusts it (by 10% for example) on other pages/tabs you may have open so it's not fully adjustable, maybe it's a bug. I've looked and looked for a zoom solution for years and nothing, lets all let Apple know about this.

How to keep the Zoom level in Safari 7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.