Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How come text edit doesn't show as wrap anymore?

Though my preferences for Text Edit show "wrap to window" - It keeps comming up with a 1" border - that I have go up to the tool bar Format to change it.

I've looked at "help' but there's nothing addressing how to keep this as a wrap, nor how to adjust borders.

Is this due to a software "update" from Apple?

How do I make sure it Always comes up as wrap to window instead of the border (that you can't adjust in Text Edit)???

Thanks muchly, Kathy LPV

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 1:25 PM

2 replies

Oct 24, 2013 2:04 PM in response to KELoPV

PS - FYI - I looked all through other "wrap" problem questions. & thought I'd add some data... those suggestions to do to Keep it without borders . . .

1. In Preferences New Documents I made it "Plain text" rather than Rich text - that did not work.

2. In Preferences it - ONLY has "Wrap to Page" - which I've always had marked to do

. . .& one suggestion ... said to "wrap to window"

There IS NO "wrap to window" in Preferences OR the tool bar Format ?!? It's "Wrap to Page" now...

3. I've always had Window Sice to a specific width & line height height (& for my HTML docs, I ignore rich in HTML, but not in RTF files.

None of the suggestions have worked ... I've tried them All - from 2007 to 2012 - But MY problem only started a month ago! I'ts just a pain-in-a-neck to have to go to "Format" for every time I open TextEdit - AGUH!

Thanks to any who know how to do this...

How come text edit doesn't show as wrap anymore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.