Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does Mac keep installing printer when already installed?

I have a client that has Mac Air running Mountain Lion 10.8 connected to LAN via WiFi. The printer is an Epson WF-3520 connected to LAN via ethernet cable. The router running pfSense has Bonjour services allowed between LAN and WiFi. The Mac keeps re-installing the printer and increments the printer queue each time. The highest enumeration has gotten to -57 after the printer name. Other Macs in the same LAN do the same thing. Trying to figure out why the Mac forgets the printer is already installed. I have done everything I can think of except re-setting the printer system.

Thanks for any pointers.

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 7:08 AM

FYI- in case this can help others. What I eventually did was move the printer off the ethernet cable and made it wireless too, like the desktops clients in the office. No more problems with the printer increasing enumerations on the Macs. Evidently the router/firewall was creating some issue even though there are not rules blocking traffic between the 2 wired versus wireless clients interfaces.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2013 7:08 AM in response to obx_bum

FYI- in case this can help others. What I eventually did was move the printer off the ethernet cable and made it wireless too, like the desktops clients in the office. No more problems with the printer increasing enumerations on the Macs. Evidently the router/firewall was creating some issue even though there are not rules blocking traffic between the 2 wired versus wireless clients interfaces.

Why does Mac keep installing printer when already installed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.