Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Epson scanner driver

Since updating to Mavericks, no longer able to use scanner. According to the Epson support site, Epson says scanner drivers are now updated through the Apple App Store. Followed the instructions, App Store will supposedly update when it sees the scanner is on. Nope. Any ideas, or just wait...?

iMac 27" i5, iOS 4

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 1:37 PM

6 replies

Oct 24, 2013 1:57 PM in response to macuser7

Replying to my own question. OK. Found it. Make sure your scanner is on. Go to System Preferences > Printers & Scanners

If you've been using your scanner before the update, then you should see your scanner in the left-hand sidebar. (If not, you'll have to add it.) Click on Open Scanner. It will scan, but I would rather not have to go to System Preferences to scan every time!

Solution - use application Image Capture, a default Mac app which should be in your Applications Folder. Drag it to your Dock. You will find your scanner under Devices. VOILA!

It's not the same Epson Professional scan window I'm accustomed to using. It's now a part of Image Capture. The Scan interface is much cleaner.

Oct 26, 2013 4:05 AM in response to macuser7

Since update Apple OS X Mavericks, unable to use Epson Perfection V330 Photo scanner using EpsonScan or VueScan scanning software. Latter with update from software author site also failed. Discussion information helped find another solition using Preview as the scanner application. Hope it might work for you for the time being at least.

Nov 12, 2013 6:16 AM in response to macuser7

I have been corresponding with Epson since installing Mavericks. Got a lot of non-answers. Told me to keep looking for an update. Last night I wrote to them again. They responded with a message saying that a new version of Epson Scan is available on their support website. It is there, and it does seem to work just like before. As an aside, I think that Image Capture is awful, at least for this application.

www.epson.com/support

Epson scanner driver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.