Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to store large library of digital photos, macbook air

I would love a macbook air, and even one day just use a ipad, however I have not seen anything that Apple has come up with to store and have ready access to my huge iphoto library. I have over 32000 photos, and am not a fan of dividing the library and storing them where I would not have access. I'd most likely just forget about them and not bother to look for a photo that I need for a project.

Is cloud storage and access possible at this point?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 2:18 PM

2 replies

Oct 25, 2013 4:56 AM in response to James Cude

I would like it ready to access on the fly. I have not been sucessful storing the entire large iphoto folder on icloud and accessing it when I open the app. The external hard drive requires a hook-up or wireless connection but I would have to be in proximity., and backups on another drive for security.

I would love to use icloud, if it could be configured to hold the entire library as it is backed up by Apple's data centers. I'd like to click on the application and see and have full access to all my photos.

So far, I haven't been able to do that in an affordable way. The library is over 60g. which would be over $100year on icloud just to store photos! Yikes!

how to store large library of digital photos, macbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.