Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto How to "UNZIP" from ED

Greetings, I posted this a while ago, but the only response didn't work ("double click on the photos." ? Nope) ... & there was no way for me to reply to it.

I've also been looking through every "manual" & every "help" & most every discussion on iPhoto that's here, but so far, nada answers. So, here goes.

My Problem - How do you UNZIP photos uploaded from an External Drive & a USB... Is there a way to do so, or am I stuck with the small dpi?

In May 2012 my wonderful, first, Mac Desktop, Tiger ('06) crashed. It was like I Lost my baby! Alas, I had to get a new one - a 17" Lion Desktop. & I uploaded all those saved documents & photos from a USB & External Drive (I won't go into those not saved & lost forever, or the duplicate photos, AGUH! now fixed.)

But - as I uploaded these back ups - I didn't see anything about Un-Zipping photos before or while they were being uploaded . ? . So every photo uploaded - came in Zipped, with dpi of between 200s - 300s to 500s x 700s - sizes that don't print or send via E-mail or the Net very well (that same fella said his photos were "never zipped" to his USB or ED! . . . Well, all mine were zipped!) The only thing I do know - is that it was not my Camera (Cannon PowerShot A590) which I had set the dpi between 1600s x 1900s & some at 2500s x 1900s dpi.

Please, is there anyone with any ideas out there that might work?

Mille Grazie, go raibh maith agat, Gracias, Danke, Merci, Obrigado, Σας ευχαριστούμε, Dank u, Vielen Dank, Bedankt, Kiitos, Tak, Tack, Takk, Спасибо, Вы, 감사하십시오, ありがとう, ありがとうございます, 謝謝,

Thank You a thousand times over to anyone who can really help me ; > }

PS, to prevent this mishap again, I don't delete any photos from memory cards! I'm using them as The Back Up & get new ones as needed!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 3:02 PM

3 replies

Oct 24, 2013 3:17 PM in response to KELoPV

Sorry but it's quite difficult to understand what you're asking. There's rather a lot of unnecessry and irrelevant detail in there, and nothing at all about zipping that I can see.

At a guess, you either backed up the thumbnails or restored the thumbnails when you "uploaded" these back ups. Bottom line, you can't turn a 200 x300 pixel shot into a 2000 x 3000 one.

Oct 24, 2013 3:30 PM in response to Yer_Man

As to "a lot of unnecessary and irrelevant detail in there, and nothing at all about zipping that I can see."

I only add as much info as possible, because most answers given that I see, - ask for more info, not less.

- Its all there:

How do you unzip photos - that were uploaded from USB or ED in iPhoto. All have low dpi, when they were not low on my camera! There is nothing that tells how to do this, & there was no indication to unzip when they were being uploaded...

I did not back up "the thumbnails or restored the thumbnails when you "uploaded" these back ups" as you say. As was suggested in "help" to back up photos - I dragged a "group"of photos from the Finder to a Burn folder...

At least you're telling me that I can't do anything about this, Terence, so thanks for that. Though there must be a way... somehow to retrieve the size they were... so I'll wait n see.

iPhoto How to "UNZIP" from ED

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.