Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I find desktop picture folder on Mavericks? What happened to Snow Leopard's Desktop pictures after upgrade to Mavericks?

Where is Desktop pictures folder on Mavericks, and what happened to Snow Leopard's desktop pictures after upgrade to Mavericks?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 4:10 PM

16 replies

Oct 24, 2013 4:17 PM in response to Ungang

What happened to Snow Leopard's desktop pictures after upgrade to Mavericks?

New OS X versions sometimes comes with new OS X default desktop pictures.

I'm sure you can find them on the Internet or better ones here and elsewhere

http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/downloads/date/widescreen/1920x1200/index1.ht ml

Your personal desktop pictures should be still of course in your iPhoto and Pictures folder you might have to retarget them again in System Preferences.

If you can't find the pictures, you can install Snow Leopard onto a external drive and boot the computer and get them, or find out where they are located and just copy them.

Feb 27, 2014 11:56 AM in response to Ungang

All of these answers are not very direct...

Even if you figured out where it was by now, here is how anyone else who doesn't know can find those folders in their Finder:

> Finder

-- Click on the top of screen on "Finder" then click on "Preferences" from the drop-down menu.

>Click on the "Sidebar" tab at the top.

-- You'll get a rundown of everything that the finder can show, and from there you set preference as to what the Finder does and does not bring up in your window.

Cheers.

Apr 2, 2014 8:31 AM in response to Ungang

I am facing this issue too. What he means is that under finder, there used to be a 'Pictures" folder that is located on the left hand panel under favourites. After updating to mavericks, this folder is not longer there. However, to access this pictures folder one would need to use spotlight to search for it. Is there any way we can have the 'Pictures" folder placed in the panel.

Jan 30, 2015 2:32 PM in response to duncandubai

You don't have to keep all your desktop pictures in that one folder. You can add folders of desktop pix organized however you like using the Desktop & Screensaver preference in System Preferences. The first option you see is for the default Apple desktops. Below that is "Folders". Use the plus symbol just below this list to add folders of images. I have a folder of Desktop pix in my User Pictures folder, which have been added to the Folders list in the Desktop & Screensaver pref, and i switch among the various collections that I have added from Interfacelift, Flickr desktops, and my own photographs.

Where can I find desktop picture folder on Mavericks? What happened to Snow Leopard's Desktop pictures after upgrade to Mavericks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.