Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Remote Desktop ARD 3.7 cannot drag files from local to remote.

Apple Remote Desktop ARD 3.7 cannot drag files from local to remote. I've been able to drag n drop folders and files from my local to the remotes for years until the update to 3.7. Anyone else experiencing this issue? I've tried changing preferences. No luck. Maybe I'm missing a setting somewhere.

I'm on 10.8.5. Remote is same with 3.7 client. This happens with multiple remotes.

Remote Desktop-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 4:18 PM

5 replies

Oct 29, 2013 10:59 PM in response to daustin.imageoptions

Let me guess. The Get and Send clibboard contents buttons are greyed out too?

It is only affecting me on clients already upgraded to 3.7. None of the clients on older versions are affected.

ARD is also crashing a lot.

Most of the time I go to a screen share to a client it takes way too long, so I clock Stop, then try to connect again and works straight away.

Hopefully a patch will be released soon.

Jun 30, 2014 7:54 AM in response to daustin.imageoptions

Yep... same here. And just as Mark said, the clipboard options are not active, and neither is the curtain button to lock the computer screen. (The curtain button is shown as being activated and won't let you deactivate.)

I also am seeing this problem on mixed clients running v3.7.1 on Mt Lion through Mavericks. Yes, this seems to have started after upgrading to v 3.7 but the 3.7.1 patch did not address any of these issues.

Jun 16, 2015 12:24 PM in response to Boelte-Hall

Oddly enough this started happening to me after I updated my Admin system to Yosemite (clean install). Yet there are other Yosemite admins that are running ARD 3.8 are working fine.

I can't drag and drop in either direction.

I cannot use command-tab to cycle through open applications

I cannot use Command-shift-Q to log the client out of its user.

In short - a disaster.

Confirmed that I can drag and drop to a mac with an older client (a Leopard client reminded me how fast the UI used to be - it started bogging down in subsequent OS versions. But I digress).

I subsequently did a complete uninstall of ARD (using all the scripts) and a re-install - no difference.

Where can one go to get help?

Apple Remote Desktop ARD 3.7 cannot drag files from local to remote.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.