Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie update says: My video card does not meet the minimum system requirements

I have early 2008 Mac Pro 3.1 and after update to Mavericks when I try to update 9.0.9 iMovie with 10.0 update (10.0 came up after Mavericks installation) it says that my video card does not meet the minimum system requirements.

I have this update ready to install in App Store but I can't process with this update.

My video card is: ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256 MB, 6GB RAM, 2x2,8 Quad Core.

Strange think I have also half 2009 Macbook and there was no problem with the same iMovie new update. Video card on Macbook is: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, 4GB RAM, 2x13 Intel Core 2 Duo.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 4:08 PM

5 replies

Oct 24, 2013 4:47 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Well I found this:

"The good news is that if you're willing to accept some compromise, you don't need to hack anything to get a PC graphics card to work in a Mac Pro. Since OS X 10.7.5, Mac Pros will work with plain vanilla PC cards that have Nvidia graphics processors on them. Apple's standard graphics drivers now support them".

http://www.imore.com/how-breathe-new-life-dying-mac-pro

iMovie update says: My video card does not meet the minimum system requirements

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.