6 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2014 12:50 PM by Barney-15E
dfp mbp Level 1 (0 points)

Not happy using two screens in Mavericks.  If I leave an image spanning two screens half of the image disappears. 

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 20"; 2.33Ghz
  • ds store Level 7 (30,325 points)

So Apple really didn't fix the additional screen issues then, bummers.

The price of this feature is the loss of the aforementioned nerd-impressing ability to have windows that span multiple displays.  In Mavericks, a window can span screens while being dragged, but it will appear partially transparent on the destination screen until the cursor touches the edge of the screen from which the window is being dragged, at which point the opaqueness will switch sides.  Releasing the window mid-drag leaves it visible only on the screen where it's opaque.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/10/os-x-10-9/11/#multiple-displays

• Brian Baer Level 1 (0 points)

This is not a "nerd-impressing ability" it use to be a great way to see database or spreadsheed with lots of columns at the same time -- a major reason to having two monitors next to each other.

Wait -- just found a solution -- Under Mission Control settings in System Preferences turn off "Displays have separate Spaces" than log off and log back in again.

This does lose the menu bar on the second screens (which I liked) but I think it is worth it to have windows overlapping my two screens.

Brian

• pjslover Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks, Fixed my issue across 3 screens

• Rick Osman Level 1 (0 points)

Fixed it for me - thanks. But I do wonder how people find out how to solve these problems...

• Matthew Friedman Level 2 (220 points)

Awesome Brian! I was going nuts with the lack of monitor spanning!!!!

• Barney-15E Level 8 (46,319 points)

Rick Osman wrote:

Fixed it for me - thanks. But I do wonder how people find out how to solve these problems...

When strange, new options show up in the Preferences (or menus), we try them.