Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable iTunes Radio on iPad

Any one know how to disable iTunes on iPad Mini? My Kids stream movies and read iBooks from their iPads. But iTunes Radio, although it is filtered for explcit lyrics, is still not appropriate for my kids. I caught my daughter listening to Miley Cyrus on iTunes Radio via the "popular hits" station that she innocently choose from the main screen.

iPad, iOS 7

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 5:31 PM

2 replies

Mar 11, 2014 7:00 AM in response to drprimm

I've been racking my brain at this, too!!! However, I found a solution!!! My dilemma is that my child has an iPad mini in which I've been able to: download appropriate apps, music, restrict websites, install safe web browsers, etc. All was well until the latest update last year with the introduction of "iTunes Radio." After going through the trouble of searching online for answers; "more" mysteriously disappeared from the music app so I cannot hide the "iTunes Radio;" and "Reset All Settings," I found I wasted my time! Instead, go to the "Settings" app and on the left side scroll down and select "iTunes & App Store" AND be sure that you or whoever's Apple ID is on your child's device is SIGNED OUT. Proceed to the "Music" app and you'll find that you NO LONGER have access to "iTunes Radio" because you are NOT signed in! I hope this helps many! ;-)

APPLE: Shutting off "EXPLICIT" under "Music & Podcasts" does not cut it if you can still listen to filth...

Disable iTunes Radio on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.