Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blank photos tab page

OK guys and gals. I have never seen this one, and haven't been able to figure it out. I upgraded to Mavericks and have iTunes 11.1.2.

When I go to sync my phone, there is nothing, and I mean nothing on the Photos page.

The tab is there, but the page is blank. About 1/4 of the way down in the center is a spinner that never goes away.

I have tried Resetting warnings and resetting cache with no effect.

My photos got whacked off my phone befoe I realized iTunes photos were borked up. Theya re still in Aperture all safe and sound, but I have no way of managing them in iTunes anymore.

Any ideas? I'm fresh out.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9), iTunes 11.1.2

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 6:01 PM

21 replies

Oct 25, 2013 12:40 PM in response to tjolley11

Amen mate! Someone with the same problem, at least it´s almost like that. For me iTunes show me the Albums but they don´t sync and if i select one it appears on the counter of photos to sync = 0.

That´s my post:

"Some people have problems to with the music sync but anyone has the same problem but with the photos? iTunes doesn´t count the number of photos that suposse to be listed when you select your album on itunes/device/photos... I have once the problem with the music but it cames right when i resync my playlist.

Thnks!

Test on iPhone 5 and iPad2 Mavericks iTunes 11.1.2 and iOS 7.0.3 Same problem with iPhoto 9.4.3 and 9.5."

Oct 29, 2013 1:14 AM in response to tjolley11

Me too! My German iTunes can't access the iPhoto Library anymore. BTW: even the Finder desktop can't see the iPhoto Library no more (I used it for the desktop background image).

Did all possible library restore options without success.

Looks like this:

User uploaded file

When I move the iPhoto library so that iTunes can't find it, I get the selction menu to choose the folder containing the images, but I connot select the iPhoto Library.

User uploaded file

I'm afraid, I have to do a Mavericks clean install soon...

2011 iMac i7 27''; iTunes 11.1.2, iPad 3 and iPhone 5 iOS 7.0.3

Nov 4, 2013 12:05 AM in response to tjolley11

A little information on my particular issue:

I have the same problem as the OP. I have both Aperture and iPhoto sharing a library on my Time Capsule's remote hard drive mounted as AFP.

When I deleted the iPod photo cache, I was able to see some items in the Photos tab, but it only showed the most recent few projects. When I switched from iPhoto to Aperture, trying to view my whole library, the tab went blank with the spinning wheel in the middle.

Something's not right.

Nov 6, 2013 2:46 PM in response to tjolley11

I did a complete clean install of Mavericks. Formatted the HDD, install from USB and copied everything across (without Applications) from a time machine backup. Reinstalled Aperture and left it run most of the night to generate new previews and update the library. Expecting everything to work fine, but no. Still no copying of photos from selected albums across. This is getting rediculous....

Nov 13, 2013 1:49 PM in response to tjolley11

So a clean install of everything did not work for me. I contacted Applecare and an Aperture technician ran me through my options. It turns out I had a corrupted Aperture library or something to that effect. The way I sorted it out was to:

Export each project as a new library and see if it would sync across. One of my projects didn't function properly in iTunes (indicating 0 photos), but all the others worked fine. I deleted the corrupted project from my main aperture library, emtied the tash and now it all works fine again.

I'm not sure what has caused this; it appears to have occured after an upgrade of ios. Interestingly, it was the only project I had that contained a lot of .png files (all scanned files). The project still opens fine as an individual library in Aperture, but won't sync across. I guess I'll have to re-import all the original files and find out which one(s) are causing the problems...

Blank photos tab page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.