Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do I need to do to convert my macbook os x version 10.5.8 to version 10.6.6 in order to download the FREE OS X Mavericks?

Please HELP. I have MacBook version 10.5.8. How do I get to version 10.6.6 to be able to get the

FREE OS X Mavericks?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 6:11 PM

You need to buy a Mac OS X 10.6 DVD and then run the 10.6.8 combo updater.

(91609)

6 replies

Oct 24, 2013 6:24 PM in response to goltita

I know people with Macbooks that are 8+ years old that are still chugging along.

It all depends on how you treat your machine and what you do with it. If it does everything that you want it to do and you are happy with the performance, thre is no 'need' to upgrade.

If you are uphappy with the performance of your machine, or the size and weight of your machine and want something faster/smaller/lighter/sexier, then go for an Air and either sell your old Macbook, repurpose it (to say a media server or iTunes server), or pass it along to a family member

What do I need to do to convert my macbook os x version 10.5.8 to version 10.6.6 in order to download the FREE OS X Mavericks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.