Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need Help With An iPhoto Issue (Mavericks version)

For some reason iPhoto on my MBP thinks that I'm not connected to the internet so "Places" doesn't work. Nor does Photo Stream update. I thought that upgrading to Mavericks might somehow force it to start connecting again, as it used to work in the past.

I've tried deleting all of the plist files pertaining to iPhoto, rebooting and it still tells me that "your computer is not connected to the internet" or "cannot update" on the Places tab.

I'm running the latest version of iPhoto that runs under Mavericks.

Can anyone offer any suggestions and/or tips that I can try to troubleshoot and make iPhoto be able to connect to the internet again?

Any input would be appreciated greatly!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 6:39 PM

6 replies

Jan 26, 2014 5:25 PM in response to Spindoctor

Can anyone suggest any other specific plist files I should try to trash to force iPhoto to re-connect again?

I have other macs which connect to Places, Faces, Photo Stream and everything with no problem - so I've come to the conclusion that some file is corrupt on my MBP and if I were to trash certain files maybe it would force iPhoto to realize that there is indeed an internet connection, as it did work in the past. Apparently I must've been deleting the wrong things when I first tried to fix the problem.

And obviously I'm connected to the internet as I'm posting from the MBP in question now.

Any suggestions/input would be greatly appreciated because all of the issues above not workinng are annoying -- especially the Photo Stream issue not syncing across the board.

Need Help With An iPhoto Issue (Mavericks version)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.