Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I download the Mavericks installer from the App Store?

I have an early 2011 MacBook Pro. I recently downloaded and installed Mavericks from 10.6.8, but now want to do a clean install via flash drive. The problem is when I try to download the installer from the App Store, nothing happens. When I click on the download link, I get prompted with a message saying that Mavericks is already installed, but if I wish to continue downloading the installer, click continue. When I do, I just get a spinning loader up top, and nothing starts to download. It doesn't show up under purchases either.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening or somewhere else I can download the installer?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 7:26 PM

11 replies

Oct 24, 2013 8:05 PM in response to shldr2thewheel

the only way to get the installer is to re-download maverics.

...Which is exactly my problem. I can't re-download Mavericks. I've read the article and its entirety, and it doesn't help me at all. The instructions here seem to assume I have the installer in my applications folder, which I do not. That is what I am trying to accomplish.

Again, my issue is that I cannot re-download the installer from the App Store. I am trying to figure out why.

Why can't I download the Mavericks installer from the App Store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.