Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have discovered FahCore_a4 running, how do I get rid of this pest?

I thought at one point it would be a good idea to try 'Folding at Home' from Stanford University. I ended up saying forget it, and I thought I had uninstalled it from my 2010 MacBook Pro. Shortly after what I thought was the uninstall, the computers fans would run loud all the time. I never knew what was going on, until today when I decided to look at the activity monitor to kill a different program off that was frozen.

This is when I noticed FahCore_a4 running my CPU at some crazy 300% or higher. No wonder my computer has been running hot for months. I can force quit this thing but it comes back within a minute. There seem to be a few other things associated with it, such as 'FAHClient' I can grab a sample of this process /usr/bin/FAHClient...how do I go about getting rid of this thing for good? Can anyone help me?

T

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 7:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2013 12:20 PM

Hello!!

If you still have this problem:

I had the same problem with the Folding @ Home application. Seemed pretty neat at the time huh?

I found an uninstaller here:

https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?nomobile=1&f=16&t=24574

At the bottom of the page, there is an entry that leads to an uninstaller. Or: Here: Uninstaller

Install the program and it will remove all signs of F@H. This includes the pesky FahCore_a4 as well as all affiliated items. Restart your computer if you want to be sure!

This worked for me, I hope it does for you!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2013 12:20 PM in response to Godsmackubus09

Hello!!

If you still have this problem:

I had the same problem with the Folding @ Home application. Seemed pretty neat at the time huh?

I found an uninstaller here:

https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?nomobile=1&f=16&t=24574

At the bottom of the page, there is an entry that leads to an uninstaller. Or: Here: Uninstaller

Install the program and it will remove all signs of F@H. This includes the pesky FahCore_a4 as well as all affiliated items. Restart your computer if you want to be sure!

This worked for me, I hope it does for you!

I have discovered FahCore_a4 running, how do I get rid of this pest?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.