Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote 6 (2013) doesn't allow mixing themes?

I have upgraded to Keynote 6 and have noticed that, amongst many other options, mixing themes is not available. Unless I am very wrong, once you try to change the theme of an individual slide, all the other slides change as well. This is clearly a step backwards in terms of flexibility of the program and variety of the presentations. Perhaps somebody has a solution for this?

iMac (21.5-inch Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 8:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 8:31 PM

I have found out that you can drag and drop a slide with a different theme from a newly created presentation into your current presentation and Keynote'13 will allow both themes to coexist. Hardly something that I would like to do on a daily basis but a workaround nonetheless. Hopefully Apple will put somebody to work on this at some point.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2013 8:31 PM in response to erinfromliverpool

I have found out that you can drag and drop a slide with a different theme from a newly created presentation into your current presentation and Keynote'13 will allow both themes to coexist. Hardly something that I would like to do on a daily basis but a workaround nonetheless. Hopefully Apple will put somebody to work on this at some point.

Keynote 6 (2013) doesn't allow mixing themes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.