Previous 1 2 Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2014 12:09 PM by MacBuck
Moloy Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hello everyone

Since I've updated my MBA  to OS Mavericks, I faced pretty annoying problem viewing some messages in mail.app :

Prior to 10.9, the following command-line command used to work:

defaults write com.apple.mail MinimumHTMLFontSize 12

But in Mavericks, it seems this no longer works.

Anyone found another way to increase the default minimum font size for new messages? Some HTML messages are coming in with tiny, almost unreadable font sizes.

Thank you for your time !

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.1)
  • Moloy Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

It seems like com.apple.mail location is changed. Or the file is renamed . . . could anyone advice anything ?

• MoisesRuiz Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I am also interested in finding this out.

By the way, drag & drop doesn't work with most of attachements (even copy/paste sometimes doesn't work) in mail.app as well. I have to save attachements to downloads folder and then to re-drag back into the message. Unbelievebly  annoying.

Okay I called Apple support and described the problem in as detailed way as possible. But employee answered that Apple does not support 3rd party scripts using terminal and they have no idia where is file "com.apple.mail " located in Mavericks so...looking forward receiving solution from some experienced users !

Any news so far? By the way, some problem while trying to disable automatic preview of attachements using "sudo defaults write com.apple.mail DisableInlineAttachmentViewing -bool yes"

This is extremely frustrating ))

• Barney-15E Level 8 Level 8 (41,395 points)

I can't remember if it was this one or another, but I couldn't get it to work with the Terminal, but using Secrets it did work. You might try that or OnyX or TinkerTool to set it. I don't know why it would work with Secrets but not the command line since that is all Secrets does is run the command. Weird.

Also, you don't need sudo. You own the plist you are changing.

EDIT: ok, sorry, it wasn't that preference. I can't make it work using any method.

• eddiesalem Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Did you ever find a solution to this??

Unfrotunately - nope. Moreover...since I've downloaded Maverics I faced soooo many mail annoying bugs, that I just gave up and got used to a bugged mail client. Even after mail updates, it incorrectly indicates number of unread messages, has problems with copy/pasing attachements, creating/renaming new mailboxes...

In fonts and collors section fo options the change of "Message font" influences for unknown reason only some messages, while other messages ignore any changes.

I am also no more longer able to deactivate auto preview of attachements.

I just started to love nice old and RELATIVELY stable in turms of mail.app Mac OS X Mountain Lion . . . good old days...

• Adambr Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

Same issue here. I had previously used "defaults write com.apple.mail MinimumHTMLFontSize 12" but it no longer works so I have to use "cmd+" on each individual message from Windows users--very annoying.

There are other Mail issues too. For example, incorrect count of flagged messages (says there are 7; there are 5--that sort of thing), smart mailboxes misbehaving, etc. But the font size issue is my biggest annoyance.

I was actually quite pleased with how smooth the upgrade from ML went (I put it off until 10.9.1)--I expected more issues, but this would be a nice thing to fix.

Sup fellows !

I am facing another annoying problem, that might be a bug. The folder located in ~/Library/Mail Downloads is no more longer automatically purged/cleaned even when I check Mail Settings -> Revome unedited downloads -> When Mail Quits.

If this is a new common bug - kindly dont forget to manualy delete these attachements, they occupy significant part on my disc.

• Eric Root Level 7 Level 7 (32,410 points)

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions.

Send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem solved sooner.

Mail/Provide Mail Feedback

Ok, I've send 3 bug messages to Apple support, describing every bug in detail. Hope that helps ))

• TahoeDog412 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Any luck with this yet? It's driving me crazy.. even after updates, still doesn't work.

Someone please help! Thanks!

Well...as you can see after installing recent update update Apple support ignored my messages) Still same problems with incorrect number of messages, no option for increasing font size, no option to turn automatic preview of attachements in pdf and many other "wonderfull" features.

Previous 1 2 Next