Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dashcode

I have been unable to get Dashcode to run in OS X Mavericks I am getting a message to the effect that it does not run on this device is this an issue that is going to be resolved?

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 11:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 7:17 AM

Managed to get it running, let's hope Apple updates the app soon.

Go to your Applications folder, right click (ctrl click) on the Dashcode app, click Show Package Contents and in there go to the MacOS folder. Click the "Dashcode" terminal application in that folder.

Dashcode should now launch... along with a terminal window, you have to wait a bit.

That's it... it should work... you still get the horrible cross sign on the app though. And it might ask for your permission to access you Contacts and everything else.

Note. You can drag this terminal app to the desktop to create an alias directly to it, this way you get a faster way to launch it.

Note2. To close the app, first quit Dashcode, then quit the Terminal app.

PS. Need is a wonderful teacher! I wish they would make this available in the App Store, i would pay for that. It's a niche app, not many people use it, but those who do know its worth.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2013 7:17 AM in response to adnixon

Managed to get it running, let's hope Apple updates the app soon.

Go to your Applications folder, right click (ctrl click) on the Dashcode app, click Show Package Contents and in there go to the MacOS folder. Click the "Dashcode" terminal application in that folder.

Dashcode should now launch... along with a terminal window, you have to wait a bit.

That's it... it should work... you still get the horrible cross sign on the app though. And it might ask for your permission to access you Contacts and everything else.

Note. You can drag this terminal app to the desktop to create an alias directly to it, this way you get a faster way to launch it.

Note2. To close the app, first quit Dashcode, then quit the Terminal app.

PS. Need is a wonderful teacher! I wish they would make this available in the App Store, i would pay for that. It's a niche app, not many people use it, but those who do know its worth.

Oct 28, 2013 1:27 PM in response to basilmir

Hi Basilmir

Thanks for that information very much appreciated.

Like many others I two have a huge investment in Dashcode and am very reluctant to update my Mac mini to Mavericks if it puts me between the rock and the hardplace. I am a self publisher and use Dashcode to create widgets that feature in our ebooks that have been published in the iTunes Bookstore http://www.nixonspublishing.id.au.

I have a Macbook which my son uses which has been upgraded to Mavericks without presenting any issues [we dont normally run Dashcode on this computer]. I will apply your solution to that computer and report back what was achieved.

Thanks for your help..

dashcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.