Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After update for Mac Pro Pages 5.0, Mac Pro Pages is Still 4.3

Supposedly my App page downloaded Pages 5.0. However, when I check the verison of the pages on my Mac Pro after the download, the version is 4.3.

As a result, I cannot open the Pages 5.0 docs on iCloud created by my iPad.

How do I fix this?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 12:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 9:50 AM

Open it directly from the Applications folder.

(91641)

4 replies

Jan 29, 2014 4:41 PM in response to gmo8

You have 2 versions of Pages on your Mac.

Pages 5 is in your Applications folder.

Pages '09/'08 is in your Applications/iWork folder.

You are alternately opening the wrong versions.

Pages '09/'08 can not open Pages 5 files and you will get the warning that you need a newer version.

Pages 5 can open Pages '09 files but may damage/alter them. It can not open Pages '08 files at all.

Once opened and saved in Pages 5 the Pages '09 files can not be opened in Pages '09.

Anything that is saved to iCloud is also converted to Pages 5 files.

All Pages files no matter what version and incompatibility have the same extension .pages.

Pages 5 files are now only compatible with themselves on a very restricted set of hardware, software and Operating Systems and will not transfer correctly on any other server software than iCloud.

Note: Apple has removed over 90 features from Pages 5 and added many bugs:

http://www.freeforum101.com/iworktipsntrick/viewforum.php?f=22&sid=3527487677f0c 6fa05b6297cd00f8eb9&mforum=iworktipsntrick

Archive/trash Pages 5, after exporting all Pages 5 files to Pages '09 or Word .docx, and rate/review it in the App Store, then get back to work.

Peter

After update for Mac Pro Pages 5.0, Mac Pro Pages is Still 4.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.