Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where is the info tab?

just updated to Maverick and the info-tab seems to be gone in iTunes 11.1.2 to sync to my iPhone and iPad!!?!?!

I guess we in europe think a bit different in using cloud systems and are not that easy willing to share our personal informations with the government.

so I am used to sync my Apple devices wired via iTunes and the info-tab gave me the possibility to check what I needed .... but now the info-tab is gone??!?!

is it just on my machine or is this a move to force people to share personal data to the NSA-Cloud?

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 2:03 AM

11 replies

Oct 25, 2013 3:25 AM in response to zaphod42

It's gone. Apple removed the Sync Services Framework in Mavericks. Jep, your only option is to sync over iCloud, so you are indeed correct: Apple is forcing you. Only option is to revert back to Mountain Lion or get rid of your Apple devices. Best way is to contact Apple Support AND write your feedback to www.apple.com/feedback. Apple needs to hear more and more concerned customers, so that they will be aware of this problem. Many can't and won't sync through iCloud.

Chris

Oct 25, 2013 8:05 AM in response to cmzx

Good luck with that. Apple is riding high right now and customer feedback could not be less relevent to them. Just look how long people have been complaining about only 1 window allowed in iTunes, or returning cover flow which so many people loved to use. We've been complaing for years now and the response from Apple has been zip!

Oct 25, 2013 8:18 AM in response to 10arrows

I partly agree with that. But missing cover flow or only 1 window doesn't affect the functionality of iTunes. In this case Apple is actively preventing users using functions which were available since the introduction of the first iPhone in 2007 and there is absolutely no reason for deprecating local sync. Unless, well, you want to imply Apple some Google-like interests: locking customers in.

For example: iCloud sync seems to be proprietary -> iPhone to iCloud = no problem. But what happens if you have a Windows phone or even an Android device and want to sync that?

Oct 26, 2013 12:20 AM in response to cmzx

why should I use or need software (and may be APPLE hardware), when APPLE just cripple software, remove a safe sync option, reign over my devices and my way of working. Have you ever asked me, if I want to use iCloud services - especially regarding the different laws and practice to data privacy in USA vs Germany???

Have you never heard, that you should inform people, your customers, before you reduce capabilities???

I don't want any gift like that!

I'll stay at mountain lion, itunes 11.1, iwork 09, ... until you show me, that now and in future 1984 will never come true inside your services, iOS or OS X.

many little customers are watching you APPLE. best regards, yancy

Jan 6, 2014 2:34 PM in response to cmzx

I also need the Info Tab,

1. I need to sync only 1 or 2 Contacts Group on my Ipad. I really don't need do have all my contact also on the mobile device. .... with ICloud I was not able to do it.

2. Is not possible to think that everything should be done through the Cloud.... NO WAY!

As suggested, I'm going to write to apple support..... do you really think the will consider us? Let us hope so!

where is the info tab?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.