Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannon MP600 scanner not working with Mavericks.

Get this error message MPP navigator 304.pkg can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developers.

No updated drivers at Cannon website. Printers side working fine. Had to open MP Navigator from Apps (right Faff to get scanner to work) Can not just press button on printer markes scan to scan any more.

imac, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 2:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 2:59 AM

Drunken Hobo wrote:

Get this error message MPP navigator 304.pkg can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developers.

That message is due to the package not being signed and Gatekeeper is stopping unsigned applications from being installed. What you can do to install the package is to hold down the Control key and click on the installer. You will get a pop-up window. Select Open and you will then be given the option to install the application.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2013 2:59 AM in response to Drunken Hobo

Drunken Hobo wrote:

That message is due to the package not being signed and Gatekeeper is stopping unsigned applications from being installed. What you can do to install the package is to hold down the Control key and click on the installer. You will get a pop-up window. Select Open and you will then be given the option to install the application.

Oct 25, 2013 9:31 AM in response to PAHU

Thanks, but i have done that allready. Thats how I got it to work from MP navigator 3.0 in apps. It still won't scan when using the menu on the MP600 itself. I used to go : Home then choose scan : press ok then save to PC : press ok then press either the black or colour button & it would scan, on the scanner itself, then save a scan in jpeg format, to my imac. Now I have to open apps & scan from there. No big deal just annoying.

Nov 4, 2013 7:42 PM in response to Drunken Hobo

Hi Drunken Hobo,

after searching for days how to fix my scanner MP600 on Mavericks I found the best solution:

Follow the instructions that Candace gave:

Uninstall your Canon Driver and reinstall it.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers should resolve this issue. Please perform the following to remove the currently installed drivers: (If any items are not listed, move on to the next step.)

1. 1. Open the hard drive (Macintosh HD).
  2. 2. Open the 'Library' folder.
  3. 3. Open the 'Printers' folder.
  4. 4. Open the 'Canon' folder.
  5. 5. Send the 'BJ Printer' folder to the trash.
  6. 6. Return to the 'Library' folder.
  7. 7. Open the 'Receipts' folder.
  8. 8. Locate any items related to your printer and send them to the trash. However, leave the 'Canon Printer Drivers.pkg' file in the folder if it happens to be listed.
  9. 9. Return to the 'Library' folder.
  10. 10. Open 'Image Capture'.
  11. 11. Open the 'Twain Data Sources' folder.
  12. 12. Send any Canon files related to your printer to the trash.
  13. 13. Open the Applications folder.
  14. 14. Open the Canon Utilities folder.
  15. 15. Send the MP Navigator to the trash.
  16. 16. Restart your computer.
  17. 17. Empty the trash.

Once this has been done we will reinstall. To get your PIXMA MX700 operating on your network, please follow these steps:

1. 1. Visit Canon's website at: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer
  2. 2. Just below 'Browse by Product Type', select your model in the following manner:

2-1. Under Product Type, choose Printers & Multifunction.

2-2. Under Search, choose Canon MP600 Pixma

1. 3. On the Support page for the your unit, click the 'Drivers & Software' tab.
  2. 4. Choose your version of OSX from the Operating System drop down boxes.
  3. 5. Select the Appropriate driver: OS X Lion 10.7.
  4. 6. Read the License Agreement on the next page, and if you agree, click on 'I Agree - Begin Download' at the bottom.
  5. 7. Save the file to your computer using the options in your web browser.
  6. 8. Once the download is complete, go back to the top and click on the 'Support & Service' tab and then click on the 'Drivers & Downloads' tab.
  7. 9. Choose your version of Mac OSX from the Operating System drop down boxes.
  8. 10. Under the Drivers listing, click on the MP600 series Scanner Driver.
  9. 11. Read the License Agreement on the next page, and if you agree, click on 'I Agree - Begin Download' at the bottom.
  10. 12. Save the file to your computer using the options in your web browser.
  11. 13. Once the download is complete, go back to the top and click on the 'Support & Service' tab and then click on the 'Drivers & Downloads' tab.
  12. 14. Choose your version of Mac OSX from the Operating System drop down boxes.
  13. 15. Under the Software listing, click on the IJ Network Tool.
  14. 16. Read the License Agreement on the next page, and if you agree, click on 'I Agree - Begin Download' at the bottom.
  15. 17. Save the file to your computer using the options in your web browser.
  16. 18. Once the download is complete, close all windows.
  17. 19. Double click the downloaded printer driver. Open the installer package to begin the setup.
  18. 20. Double click the downloaded scanner driver. Open the installer package to begin the setup.
  19. 21. Double click the downloaded IJ Network Tool. Open the installer package to begin the setup.

Once this process is complete, try printing to test the unit. Then return to our website to download the MP Navigator for scanning. (dont forget!)

Since Canon does not support 10.9 I used the printer and scanner driver for Lion 10.7. I also downloaded the MP Navigator Software as well. Then I restarted my computer and followed the instructions of Drunken Hobo: Open your Application folder, click on Canon and then on MP Navigator.

And voila: The scanner works just fine. Keep in mind the scanner does not work when using System Preferences and Open Scanner.

In case you don't want to deal with all the annoyance there is always VuScan. Just cost $79.95 for the Premium.

GOOD LUCK!

Nov 5, 2013 1:10 AM in response to Sujoma

Click on a model name below to access the download page.
A √ below represents the corresponding Canon product being compatible with that version of Windows

OS X
Mavericks
v10.9

OS X
Mountain Lion
v10.8

OS X
Lion
v10.7

MP990

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MP980

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MP970

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MP830

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MP640

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MP640R

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MP620

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MP620B

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MP610

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MP600

User uploaded file

MP560

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MP530

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MP520

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MP510

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MP499

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MP495

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MP490

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MP480

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MP470

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MP460

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MP280

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MP270

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MP250

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MP240

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MP230

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MP210

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MP190

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MP180

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MP140

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Nov 5, 2013 1:13 AM in response to Drunken Hobo

"Once this has been done we will reinstall. To get your PIXMA MX700 operating on your network, please follow these steps:" ? MP600 not MX700.

In chart above Cannon show support for mp600 only up to mountain lion. When I go to driver download i get " Mavericks detected, there is no drivers or they may be included in apples softwear" I have trashed the lion drivers & softwear I had & reinstallled. lets see what happens. Thanks

Nov 5, 2013 1:23 AM in response to Drunken Hobo

"Mp Navigator 304.pkg + Printerdriver_MP600_105102.PKG + Scangear MP600 12133. PKG can not be opened because it is from an unidentified developer"

The app is from an unidentified developer

The app you tried to open was not registered with Apple by an identified developer. This doesn’t necessarily mean that something’s wrong with the app. For example, some apps were written before developer ID registration began. However, the app has not been reviewed. Also, there is no way for OS X to check whether the app has been modified or broken since it was released. A common way to distribute malware is to take an innocent app and insert harmful code into it, and then redistribute the infected app.

The safest approach is to look for a later version of the app from the Mac App Store or check for an alternative from an identified developer.

In addition to apps, other types of files may not be safe. Scripts, web archives, and Java archives have the potential to cause harm to your system. Of course, not all files like this are unsafe, but you should exercise caution when opening any such downloaded file. An alert appears when you first try to open these files.

Nov 5, 2013 1:38 AM in response to Drunken Hobo

I had to control click then open from list to work. Licence needs renew from Cannon. After reinstall nothings changed. I can only scan by opening application - cannon utiltys - MP Navigator 3.0. Will not scan by using button on machine itself. Printer working ok. But at least I can scan & print, even if its a bit longer to work. Thank for trying to fix

Dec 1, 2013 7:24 PM in response to Drunken Hobo

I posted a similar problem with a Canon MP495 scanner and Mavericks on 11/30/13. I was checking for a response and came across your above "solution." Thanks to you, I can now scan again! (I did not follow the steps from Sujoma, based on your experience). Essentially, I have to open System Preferences, click on Printers and Scanners, open my scanner, and continue from there. No, it is not as simplistic as pushing the button on the scanner itself but, it does work. I feel as you do; it takes a little more time and a few more steps. However, I can print and scan and that is what matters.

I am grateful to you for describing your "process." It solved my problem. Thank you very much!

Jan 31, 2014 5:41 AM in response to Sujoma

Hi, i have tried all the steps above a few times and still can't scan. If i start the scanner on the printer I just get MP Navigator flash up for a second then error. And if I open Navigator from the applications folder with the printer on and connected via USB I just get an error that navigator can't communicate with the printer.

Prints fine though.

I cannot understand how so many printers have been affected by this. i was going to replace mine with an HP pro 8600 but lucikly I checked and it also has the same issue. Someone at either Apple or these other companies has really dropped the ball on this. What ever happened to backward compatibility??

Is it acceptable now to downlaod software updates and then have to go out and buy all new devices for your machine becuase they just can't be bothered to update the drivers or test the update properly??

Marvericks,,,,, no kidding!!

Cannon MP600 scanner not working with Mavericks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.