Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to use NI's Kontakt library in the new Garageband from Mavericks?

Please help! 😟 I can't find the "generator" button in the new Garageband... Did Apple remove it from Garageband? Or ist there an opportunity to get Kontakt run in the new Garageband? 🙂
Thanks!

Garageband-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 4:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 7:22 AM

Don't see why not. Garageband plays ok with any Audio Unit such as Kontact. Haven't tried specifically but I expect it to. I am trying to make my Garageband ten work - some problem - but I did use Audio Units in older GarageBands. As soon as it's working I can tell if Kontact - I have the free player version - works.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2013 7:22 AM in response to Danny-Tristan

Don't see why not. Garageband plays ok with any Audio Unit such as Kontact. Haven't tried specifically but I expect it to. I am trying to make my Garageband ten work - some problem - but I did use Audio Units in older GarageBands. As soon as it's working I can tell if Kontact - I have the free player version - works.

Oct 25, 2013 1:49 PM in response to Maloderous

I finally solved my problem! If you load any of the GarageBand instruments -for example the electric piano- you click on the smart control button in the upper left corner. The knob symbol. It should open the controls of the instrument in the right corner like reverb tremolo and so on. In the left corner of that there is an "I". If you click on that, a bar for the midi velocity will open and NOW you drag the window up to make it bigger -> NOW the controls of the Audio Units open up! That's it now you can select any of your program generators like Kontakt or pianoteq or whatever :)

Is it possible to use NI's Kontakt library in the new Garageband from Mavericks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.