Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

very disappointed in faulty haswell mac book pros

this is the second one i have got since launch with the same issue

25/10/2013 9:16:10.000 pm kernel[0]: The USB device Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad (Port 5 of Hub at 0x14000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)

the keyboard and touch pad become unresponsive. the screen and computer is still working in the background but you cant do anything with the track pad and keybord.

a quick google shows other users having the same issue with the brand new laptop.

was this new model not tested? 2200$ on a laptop and this is what i have to deal with?

are there any fixes for this or am i supposed to just keep swapping it for brand new ones....... not acceptable apple.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 7.0.3, haswell macbook pro

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 4:32 AM

10 replies

Oct 25, 2013 11:41 AM in response to mtg2218

I have the same problem. It happend 2 times (with the brand new macbook), keyboard and trackpad responsiveness.

And if I enter console mode, every time I write something it shows that message.

The USB device Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad (Port 5 of Hub at 0x14000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2).

Any solution, or just ask for a new one? Maybe is a bug in all of them.

very disappointed in faulty haswell mac book pros

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.