Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is iTunes 10.7 compatible with Mavericks?

When I upgraded to iTunes 11 last year I found that I couldn't live with it because it didn't do the very thing I use iTunes for all the time...

So I had to revert back to iTunes 10.7, which does what I want it to perfectly. (Reverting was difficult enough, even under Mountain Lion!)

I'm scared that, if I upgrade to Mavericks I will get iTunes 11 back as part of the upgrade, and then find that I absolutely cannot revert back to 10.7 due to a Mavericks compatability issue.

Anyone have any ideas please?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 4:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply
2 replies

Nov 23, 2013 6:25 PM in response to Steve Zodiac

I found a method that works on MacRumors:

1) Rename iTunes.app to something else. (iTunes11.app?) You may have to go into the terminal and "mv" the file to do this.

2) Go to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks and find a file called CoreFP.framework. Copy it somewhere and rename it CoreFP2.framework

3) Use Pacifist (I've been told you need to use version 3.0.10, the newest one doesn't seem to work right -http://www.charlessoft.com/pacifist_olderversions.html) to install iTunes 10.7 (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1576?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US).

4) Replace your iTunes library if necessary with an earlier 10.7 .itl file.

5) Move the copied CoreFP2.framework file into /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks

6) Make sure none of your devices (iPod/Pad/Phone) are connected and restart your computer.

Once rebooted, go ahead and run your 10.7 iTunes.

Just installing it will overwrite the new CoreFP file, and that will hose your App Store and possibly other functions within Mavricks. Doing this minor surgery keeps both Frameworks installed and places then in a manner that allows the App Store to work while not getting the errors in iTunes 10.7 that would prevent you from using the iTunes store.

Is iTunes 10.7 compatible with Mavericks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.