Previous 1 131 132 133 134 135 Next 2,975 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2016 6:26 AM by ritsardyu Go to original post Branched to a new discussion.
  • Chris "evilhomer" Sanderson Level 1 Level 1

    I must have missed the official announcement about 99.99% of these being a software issue.


    Takes a troll to no one.


    Forget speculation and forget advice here do what you feel is best.


    For all I care it can be software or hardware issue I don't pay for faulty products, if it's faulty I return it. That's my consumer right.


    For all those banging on about going back to windows I'll reiterate my post from last week, go on then, don't let the door bang you in the arse on the way out. Tell me one windows release that didn't have crashing issues. At least in my case it didn't crash so I didn't lose work.


    For anyone sensible, decide what you want to do but if you want a refund go for it. Keep the cash and in a few weeks when the software is released or hardware changed go buy it again


    Storm in a tea cup really. Nothing to fret, don't like it refund, don't care, keep it. There i sorted it for you

  • AdamVidalis Level 1 Level 1 dates-ios7.htm


    Could this be the update we're looking for? If so, why do people keep complaining? Apple did assure us that an update to fix the issue is on the way. Apple isn't going to ignore this.

  • idark77 Level 1 Level 1

    i had a freeze during second day.

    As i wrote in my previous post, i initialized SSD, reinstalled Mavericks from internet and repaired permissions.

    Now after 12 days no one freeze and this is my last day of 14... I choose to keep it and wait an update from Apple because i am pretty sure that it is a software issue. All new rMBP have this problem !!!!

  • azbe Level 1 Level 1

    loktibrada wrote:


    gabry21 wrote:


    azbe explain this!!




    Exactly the same issue here.


    Called Apple today (7 Nov) who seem to think it may be a hardware issue with the first batch. They are sending me a new one from China and picking up the old one from my address.


    They were also familiar with the 'ongoing issue' that several customers have had and were very careful to be precise about the return process etc.


    Not very happy after spending such a huge amount of money but not sure what more I can do other than getting the new one.

  • idark77 Level 1 Level 1

    Chris \"evilhomer\" Sanderson wrote:


    I must have missed the official announcement about 99.99% of these being a software issue.


    Takes a troll to no one.


    Forget speculation and forget advice here do what you feel is best.



    i know what is electronic and i know that it is software.

  • RIVERSTALKER Level 1 Level 1

    yesterday a friend of mine came over ...

    he saw the mouse connector and said whats that tiny thing in your usb port ?

    i told em its a 1 tb thumb drive on which i run my operating system ...


    maybe next week or so he will ask me how that can be 


    life is great !

  • swuggmaister Level 1 Level 1



    I have an MBP 13 Retina with modified 8 GB instead of 4 GB.


    I have the same problem with the freezing, happened 5-6 times in a 10 days period.


    I just called apple and i will get a new computer and at the same time they will take the one that i have.


    I suggest you to call withint 14days of arrival of your computer and they will change yours aswell!

  • retina13user Level 1 Level 1

    "The first update labelled as OS X 10.9.1 will be released by the end of November " - I either hope it is a joke or they will release the bug fix separately...


    Anywayy I still haven't decided whether I return my device... I think, although the same error occurs in bootcamp, it's still very likely a firmware issue, because apple's drivers getting installed with bootcamp too... Or is it wrong to assume this?

  • cloudgt Level 1 Level 1

    Well said.  But you're talking to a bag of hammers.

  • idark77 Level 1 Level 1

    The driver could be the same. If you close the lid under windows and wait 1 minute it works again like in Mavericks ?

  • cloudgt Level 1 Level 1

    Thank you!!!  But again, you're talking to a bag of hammers...

  • idark77 Level 1 Level 1

    IPad3_screwdagain wrote:


    Thank you!!!  But again, you're talking to a bag of hammers...



  • adarshsaraff Level 1 Level 1

    I purchased my macbook 13 inch retina display model on 25th October and since then it freezes almost once a day.


    After speaking to apple care repeatedly, they asked me to do a reinstallation of OS which was futile as it again started freezing. My 14 days refund period is over thanks to the delay from their end as they wwanted to rectify if it is hardware or a software problem.


    Now I am to visit an apple store for hardware diagnostic and depending on the report they said they "would" try to help me out.


    I mean what kind of bloody service is this. I am atleast entitled to a replacement but they say the process is so and so and blaah blaah and all sorts of stupid things.,...

  • cloudgt Level 1 Level 1

    Well said, overall I agree.  To send a very clear message to Apple mgt., return them in droves.  It won't fix your immediate need, which is a functioning laptop, but it will most certainly give pause to Apple QA and product testing.  Net-net they shipped sh*t, rather than slipping ship.

  • daver182 Level 1 Level 1

    I think this is the worst thing Apple ever did, not giving an answer to all who bought their product, I was waiting for this new Macbook, and they finally arribe yesterday to my country, but with all this, is too risky.

    And I have to say, all your comments are very useful.